Monday, June 7, 2010

Film Love: An Education

I recently rented "An Education" with Jake and I really really loved it. It's set in the early 60's in London. Carey Mulligan stars as Jenny, a normal school girl who dreams of going to Oxford, but then changes her ways when meeting the mysterious, charming, and much much older, David. She gets swept away to chic jazz clubs and weekends in Paris and changes her style. The fashion and music in this film is fantastic. I'd recommend it to anyone.
I believe this purple dress is perfection in a nutshell...at least to me. The color, the print, the style, I want to be her and dress like this everyday.

9 comments:

  1. i saw this at the movies with my mum a little while ago and it was beautiful on the big screen!
    such a great film, and i was in the love with her school uniform and the paris dress.

    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed that movie too, though my fiance thought the guy David was super creepy and it turned him off to the entire movie haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that movie too!!! amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i LOVE this movie... and i will fully admit that i have a massive girl crush on carey mulligan. ;) but how can you not? she's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this film so much! I first saw it about a year ago, and completely agree with you - everything is styled to perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love an Education and Jenny's style. I found myself lusting after her hair as well. Such a good film!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to see this movie! :)

    Oh, and I got the purse today in the mail, and it's wonderful! I love it!

    Amanda :)
    isanotherstreasure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete